Magazine overall trim:
8 3/8 x 10 7/8
- Pro Pilot is perfect bound.
- Live area: on bleed ads keep essential matter 3/8’’ from trim edge. If producing a spread ad allow a total of a 1/2” space where text crosses the gutter. No gap required for photos or other artwork. Call for further details.
- A SWOP color proof is required for all ads. Without an accurate SWOP color proof, Pro Pilot will not be able to match the color of your ad exactly.
- Send ads by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if less than 10 MB, or call 1-703-370-0606 for instructions to place ads on our FTP or dropbox.
- Digital materials required:
• PDF/X-1a files required for all ads.
• Fonts must be outlined or embedded.
• All colors should be converted to CMYK (*except black text)
• Crop marks and color bars should be outside printable area
- Document set up:
• Adobe InDesign or QuarkXpress should be used for ad layouts.
• Photoshop – 300 dpi CMYK or grayscale, 600 dpi minimum bitmap, flattened layers, .tif or .eps format, binary encoding (no jpeg and no extra channels)
• Illustrator – outline all fonts, flatten transparencies, embed all elements (no links).
• All fonts should be Type 1 or Open Type. All colors must be CMYK, no PMS/Pantone colors. Ink density no to exceed 300%.